This NHSGB respects the privacy of the people that come to us for assistance. We understand that the matters you discuss with us are very personal. All spoken and written information shared with us will be managed with our legal and ethical obligations to you taken into consideration. We will not sell your personal information and we only share it to provide you with counseling services.
Your “nonpublic personal information” (including total debt information, income, living expenses, and personal information concerning your financial circumstances) will be shared with creditors, funders, and others only after you sign the Counseling Services Authorization. We may also collect, use, and share anonymous aggregated case file information to evaluate our services, to gather valuable research information, and to design future programs.
Types of Information That We Gather About You:
- Spoken or written information on applications and other documents, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
You May Opt-Out If You Do Not Want Us to Share Your Information:
- You may "opt-out" to prevent the disclosure of your nonpublic personal information to third parties (such as your creditors).
- If you opt-out we cannot share your nonpublic information and we cannot answer questions from your creditors. We need to share your information to provide you with most services.
How We Use Your Information:
If you do not opt-out we may share information that we collect about you with your creditors or others if we think it would be helpful to you, would help us counsel you, or when required by funders that make our services possible. We may share information about you to anyone as permitted or as required by law (e.g., if a Court requires us to provide it with documents).
Within our organization, we restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information as required by federal and state law.
By signing below, I authorize my employers, lenders, creditors, servicers, and others to share personal and financial information with my Counselor and NHSGB. I authorize my Counselor and NHSGB to collect information about my accounts and to share this information with others, including funders, as needed to provide counseling services, to seek assistance from programs, or for related products and services. I authorize funders to contact me to evaluate programs that I participate in.